What seperates the elite sales people from the masses? You know, the 5% from the 95%?
Well through years of experience working with call centres I found similar trends no matter where you went or whatever they were selling.
Have you found that most don’t excel and go beyond their targets?
In fact a chunck of staff fail to hit targets? Why is that? Well here is a list of trends I found…
- Most go through the motions and have not been coached on where they want to get in the next few years. So they simply go through the motions of turning up for a job.
- Most young ones nowadays require instant gratification so long term targets or incentives don’t work.
- They have never had mind-set training yet we expect them to be mentally strong.
- Companies expect them to perform at their peak however no one in the company trains peak performance.
- They have become order takers/customer service instead of amazing sales people.
The real truth behind success is a lot more simpler than we often make out…….
“Successful people do what unsuccessful people are not willing to do.”
The late great Jim Rohn said “An obvious, yet overlooked truth is that rich people have 24 hours in the day and poor people have 24 hours in the day. The difference betwen the rich and por is the management of that time. Successful people often work harder and longer than most, but they almost always work smarter.”
This reminds me of what Seneca talks about in his book ‘On The Shortness of Life’ he states “It is not that we have a short time to live, but that we waste a lot of it.”
So before we complain about our sales peoples’ performance have we asked ourselves if they have been mentally trained to want to work harder, take full responsibility for their targets and be intrinsically motivated and driven to do so?
If you want your sales people mentally prepared to take sales to the next level then get in touch by filling out the form below.